So there I was in Lahaina. I had just gotten some bleaching trays at my dad's office there and I decided to go eat at a rather classy fish and chips joint. The lady at a table next to me orders a teriyaki chicken and fish combo plate and I order a deep-fried mahi mahi plate with a coke. SO about 15 minutes later they bring out the lady's food, and its normal chicken (no teriyaki watsoever). The lady says she ordered teriyaki chicken and the waiter immediately apologizes and offers to take it back but the lady was short on time and just asked for a dish of teriyaki sauce instead. A few minutes later the waiter comes back with sauce and the lady next to me dumps the whole dish of it onto her chicken and takes a bite, then makes a disgusted face.... It was barbecue sauce.. haha I thought it was hilarious. So the waiter and the lady get in a huge fight, and when my food finally comes she forgets my soda :/
So while my throat was parched and I was sitting there desperately trying to attract the attention of my waiter, one of the world's greatest mysteries came up... "Where do stupid people come from?" I sat there thinking.. Is it genetic? Environmental? I decided that it had to be a little bit of both.. because I mean even smart people can have stupid kids (even if they dont drop the the kid on his head as a baby).
Then I began thinking of the most stupid people I know, and for Annette's sake I will not post the name I came up with... (I kid I kid). So a few instances of complete stupidity arose. They are as follows:
1. Drunk people... It ceases to amaze me that stupid people can become even stupider *grins* after consuming alcohol or drugs..
2. Fast food clerks/waiters/cashiers... How many times have people given you the wrong change? And then you just sit there and watch these idiots start counting pennies and then recounting pennies. Or they totally cant even add. Frustrating.
3. Old people. I know it's mean.. but a lot of old people don't know much about what's going on in this day and age. I love sitting there listening to an old woman or man give you lousy advice about how you need to do something when your way is obviously better. Even worse is when you actually do it their way out of respect and pity.
4. Ignorants. These are the people that could be smart.. but dont apply themselves, or somehow (I'm still completely fucking perplexed as to how they do it) learn the WRONG information. Have you ever had some form of a moron try to convince you that something completely wrong is actually right and you know all along how idiotic they are? Yeah... and worse is when these people are stubborn.
5. This category would be the mentally handicapped... don't worry.. just make sure you keep reminding yourself that "It's not really their fault" and you'll be alright... sort of.
6. These are the covert stupid people... They just dont talk... at all. So you have no fucking clue as to what their intellect is (beware when assigning responsibilities to these people... they are easily mistaken for "smart contemplative geniuses or savants")
7. Next are the people with limited knowledge... When you first meet these people they seem smart (I dare not say normal)... but as you get to know them, your respect for them takes a nose dive as you realize they actually memorized the few intelligent bits of information that they fed you at a young age.
8. Now these are the people that get me the most.. They are actually very smart people.. who act stupid. For instance... the guy you always thought was an idiot who one day says a brilliant idea and you are left there astounded just like "wtf mate?!?" Since they do act stupid for the most part... they are in this category.
I could go on but just writing this makes me feel "stupider"... heh Anyhow.. time to bleach my teeth.